Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bucket List: Skydiving! Woo Hoo!

I finally did it!

I went skydiving! I joined a group on www.meetup.com called Adventures of Fun Friends - Chicago Chapter.

Skydiving has been on my bucket list forever! If you don't know already I'm an adrenaline junkie! I love speed and adventure. Whitewater rafting, skiing, bungee jumping, roller coasters and more! I love speed (within reason). So when I saw this opportunity I jumped on it!

I was going with four other people and I received a call early that morning from the leader of our group. They had been in an accident. So I went alone.

I arrived at the Chicagoland Skydiving Center in Hinckley, IL and signed in and they began to harness me up for the parachute. OK now this is a tandem ride. I definitely wasn't going to do this alone! I also purchased the video too! So I had a videographer to follow me around and jump with me an tape the whole experience. I wish I could share the video but for some reason it won't work.  Yucko I know!
The jump was an adrenaline rush you wouldn't believe! Too fun! The best part was jumping from the plane. There's no turning back at this point. You float in mid air and just enjoy the rush! It was such a total hoot. It's not quick either. When they release the parachute you actually go higher. Totally cool! That was the second best part! LOL!

The landing was very easy too. Paul was very professional and was able to work with me easily. What a great experience.

Here are some pictures from my adventure. The goggles weren't tight enough so they had blown up into my eyes and were in my eyes making it hard for me to see. The videographer was all in my face waving and trying to get me to do things. I could barely see him. I also missed pulling the parachute too. LOL! Also I think I wore the wrong top! When you see the pictures you'll know what I mean! LOL!


You start off in a crouching position with your arms across your chest like this!


Then you're floating in the air like this!  Next time I will wear a t-shirt I think the photographer got an eye full of the best of me! LOL!


When the parachute is released you shoot up and that's why my legs are shooting out like that! LOL!


The landing which was very smooth!  I stood up right after this was taken!

This is Paul my tandem ride!  What a cool guy!



They wanted to know if I would do it again.  I told them no.  But this was my reason.  The harness!  If you notice where it hit me it was right in my stomach under my breast.  It was pressing against my stomach very uncomfortably for me.  I have a very sensitive stomach and I felt queasy from the pressure.  Also the straps in my groin were very uncomfortable.  When we would spin around for fun I was getting sick but I didn't want it to stop.  LOL!  I know I'm crazy!

Do you have a bucket list?  What's on it?  Please do tell! LOL!

Smooches!

8 comments:

  1. i don't have much of a bucket list but I am inspired by your experience. I better get one started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats! You are so brave! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cas you are a hoot! Wear a turtle neck next time:) Hot air balloon, and sky diving are on my bucket list. Hot air balloon first.....and I would probably chicken out on the sky dive. You are a very brave woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! You are LIVING it UP!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!!!...you are totally adventurous. I don't have a bucket list... just live vicariously through others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still can't believe that you sky dived. Are you SERIOUS? LOL You are da bomb! Now, you have my husband wanting to sky dive...LOL You have inspired me to make a bucket list. Don't worry, sky diving won't be on mind... he he he

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cas, that looks like soooooooo much fun! This is right up ians alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I LOVE THE PICS!!!!!!
    I have a bucket list that I'm about to start crossing stuff off of in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete