Friday, May 13, 2011

So I missed a day…

Now yesterday was no post so I already blew my posting everyday commitment right?  Well yes and no would be the answer.

My whole reason for doing this challenge was to get back into the swing of blogging and trying to find the time to do it.  Since the beginning of the month my writing for the blog has been done around 10pm each night.  It’s the only time available when there’s time to focus.

Last night my focus was on getting rid of my headache or dehydration.  Who knows.  My Bikram yoga class was last night and I think I might have been a bit dehydrated.  By the time I arrived home I ate a little something and laid down.  After class a shower and a quick washing of my hair was done and I needed to come home finish washing it and sit under the dryer.  That when I planned to work on the blog.  But like I said I was a bit tired and fell asleep on the couch.  When I woke up it we after midnight so I got up and went to bed.  It was definitely something I needed to do. 

I’ve learned in the past that if you give up on a goal just after one small lapse you will never improve yourself.  You’ll always give up way too soon.  That’s not going to happened this month.  I may miss a day or two due to some circumstance which cannot be controlled.  Last night was one.  I do plan to work on several blog entries and save to drafts but I can’t seem to do it lately.  There are many reasons here is a brief list.
1. Farm Town – those games you play on Facebook.  I think it may be a good time to let this one go.  But it is addictive.  My goal with this game was to get enough points to design my farm.  Now my goal seems to go up a level to buy more facilities. LOL!  It’s crazy!
2.  A long list of things to do – I have a tendency to set unrealistic goals.  I want to do EVERYTHING!  But with my schedule and money that isn’t possible. 
3.  Twitter and Facebook – do I need to say anything more!
4.  Fatigue – I’m now on a quest to find more energy.  I wish I had more but I’ve noticed over the years that I don’t have the stamina most people do.  I’m trying to fit in exercise (Bikram Yoga and Fitness Center) to help but it’s a work in progress
5.  Television – Too many darn shows to watch.  A very unhealthy and big time suck!
I could go on and on but I won’t.  So don’t worry.  The goal is still on.  I think I might add a day to my month to make up for the missed day. Hmm, that sounds like a fabulous idea.  So I think that’s my plan.  If I miss a day I’ll just add a day on to my goals.  Not a bad idea and I just thought it up as I was writing.  Geez! I’m good. 

But my goal will be to continue to post every day this month and June 1st.  That’s my plan.
What’s yours?

Be encouraged…

No comments:

Post a Comment