Thursday, April 19, 2012

Slowing it down a bit...

Recently I purchased a new bedroom set.  This is something I've been wanting to do for over oh let's say seven years.  But due to the economy, funds and time I never found what I really wanted.  A local furniture store had 36 months no interest financing so I went out and found myself a wonderful queen bedroom set.  I love it so much! 
Chest

Dresser and Mirror
Bed and Pier Nightstands


Under the bed storage on both sides! Yippee!



Besides I spent the money on other things like crafts, traveling, socializing and clothes to name a few. LOL!  Besides this wonderful purchase I also have had a couple of MRIs, mammogram and I'm planning a trip to Orlando this coming May.  To say the least I need to start watching my spending.  So as of last night at my crochet/knitting group I decided to give myself a spending goal. 

Here's how my spending goal works.  I'm not allowed to spend any money on crafts.  I need to complete (not partially complete) three projects (which includes UFOs) before I am allowed to purchase anymore from whichever category.  Here's my list of projects for each craft.

Crochet:

Sweet Baby Hoodie  - in progress

Driftwood Cap          - in queue

Basic Crocheted Socks   - in queue


I do have all the yarn and the projects ready to go.  I'm looking forward to getting these done too. 

Quilting:

Bernina Class Jelly Roll Quilt     - in progress

JoAnn's Jelly Roll Quilt              -  in progress

Shabby Chic Quilt                       -  in progress

The jelly roll quilts tops are done.  I just need to finish them off.  This may require some additional funds to do but as long as they're complete I'm good.

Sewing:

Silhouette Yoga Pants                 - in queue

Silhouette T-shirt                        - in queue

Polar Fleece Cape                       - in queue

I have everything I think I need for these projects.  But I want to get them done ASAP.  I want to wear them while in Orlando.  Wish me lots of luck.

Beading:

Kumihimo bracelets and necklace   - in progress

Elegant Tila bracelet                        - in progress

Time for Tila bracelet                      - in progress

At first I was seriously thinking about increasing the projects to five each but I decided to take it easy on myself.  I also need to review my other spending habits.  Like food, traveling, household goods and decorating.  Changes must be made soon!

Stay tuned for updates. 

Be encouraged...

No comments:

Post a Comment