Monday, May 9, 2011

Banana Cookies: A recipe faux pas…

Well not all recipes go the way you want them.  This is one of them.  This recipe appealed to me because banana is my favorite fruit of all.  So when I found this recipe to make cookies I couldn’t resist! 
But for some reason the recipe didn’t work out.  The cookies have a wonderful taste but they were hard!  Before eating them I had to microwave them to soften them.  What went wrong you may ask.  Who knows.  By chance I noticed that the salt was left out, but the master cook (my mom of course) didn’t think that was the issue.  She though the cookies tasted good it they were hard.  They were kept in an air tight container and after baking they were cooled but not left out for too long.  So what happened?  Not sure! 
But another attempt at these cookies will be made soon. I’m not a fan of nuts in my cookies and the flavor of them was just awesome.  My determination to master them is too strong!  Of course the master (mom) will be included in the baking of them to see what went wrong. LOL
Here’s the recipe. 

Banana Cookies
  • Butter
  • Granulated Sugar
  • Vanilla extract
  • Fully ripe bananas, mashed 1 cup
  • All purpose flour 3 1/2 cup
  • Baking Powder 2 tsp
  • Salt 1/2 tsp




Instructions
Cream together  butter, sugar and vanilla extract.  Add bananas, and beat until well mixed.181

Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.


dd a little of the banana mixture to the flour mixture, beating well.  Continue to gradually add all of the banana mixture, beating well after each addition.  At this point, you can bake cookies or refrigerate dough for later baking.  (Note: Dough will be sticky.)



To bake, place small balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.  (Note: Lift the edge of the cookie to be sure they don’t get too brown on the bottom.)

  192
Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.

(As you can see some of the cookies were had a little more color than the others)

Store in an airtight container to ensure cookies do not dry out.
If you try these cookies let me know what you think.  Let me know if they are as hard as mine! ROFLMAO!

Enjoy and Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. You know I love a recipe, so I will try it out and see! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete